Attention

The opinions expressed by columnists are their own and do not represent our advertisers

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Man resided in woods for 10 years because wife nagged him too much

A British man ran away from his home and live in the woods for 10 years -- all because his wife nagged him too much.

Malcolm Applegate, 62, of Birmingham, opened up about his new life -- and his old one -- in a blog entry posted on the Emmaus Greenwich website. Emmaus is a “homeless charity” that gives people a home “for as long as someone needs it and meaningful work in our social enterprise,” according to its website.

Applegate wrote he was a gardener for 25 years and enjoyed his job until he got married. He wrote the more hours he worked, the “angrier” his spouse became.

“She didn’t like me being out of the house for long periods of time. The controlling behavior started to get out of hand and she demanded that I cut my hours,” Applegate wrote.

More

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill voted just like he lives, "Anyone but Hillary", he also lives in the basement.

Anonymous said...

I get it. Totally get it. ...sent from my garage man cave.

Anonymous said...

I just stay at my end of the house.

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to this. My Grandfather coped by going fishing everyday during retirement and my father died at an early age. There is a reason why men usually die first. It's gods mercy for his time in hell!
I go to my workshop in the backyard for relief.